How can you tell a person is a good tenant?
Every person is different, but good tenants share a lot of the same qualities. While many think that the only qualities that a good tenant should meet is that they pay rent on time and they keep the property clean and tidy, there is definitely more to it than that.
They are responsible. The main trait a good tenant should have is being responsible. They should be able to take responsibility for all their activities.
They follow the lease agreement. Good tenants follow all the terms and conditions that are contained in the lease agreement that they signed. They won’t try to bend the rules, but will consult the landlord first before attempting anything that may be beyond the contract.
Conducting a thorough background check is a great way to find out if someone is a good tenant. https://acdrealty.com/blog/good-tenant/ https://acdrealty.com/blog/good-tenant/ https://acdrealty.com/blog/good-tenant/ https://acdrealty.com/blog/good-tenant/ https://acdrealty.com/blog/good-tenant/After getting the results, you will be able to make an informed decision as to whether that tenant will be responsible.
Three areas that a diligent landlord should check are:
- Determine where a tenant is currently renting. This will hopefully allow you to obtain a bona fide reference from a current landlord.
- Do a credit check. This will tell you how a prospective tenant manages his finances. If he or she cannot meet their current obligations or have overcommitted on their credit, will this leave room to pay the rent?
- Obtain an employment reference to determine if they will be able to pay the rent that you are asking. An employee’s tenure maybe also indicate stability in their life.
Latest posts by ACD Realty Corporation (see all)
- What You Can Expect From a Professional Property Management Company - July 27, 2014
- How can you tell a person is a good tenant? - July 24, 2014
- The Tenant Selection Procedure - July 21, 2014